Can't connect to remote freeradius server

A B radiususer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:58:10 CEST 2007

I've installed freeradius 1.1.5 and am able to run radtest successfully on
the machine that freeradius is installed on. However, when I try to run
radtest (or NTRadPing or radius test client) it is unable to connect to the
server. Does anyone have any ideas? I do have the servers I'm running
radtest on listed in clients.conf

Here is the output from NTRadPing (IP address removed by me):

Sending authentication request to server XX.XXX.XXX.XXX:1812
Transmitting packet, code=1 id=0 length=67
recvfrom() error, WSAGetLastError() = 10054
could not receive a response from the server

Any suggestions would be appreciated.