Version 2.0 is a lot closer to reality...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 10 13:34:37 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   I've just committed massive changes to the server core.  The "diff" is
> about 3k lines, and doesn't include deleted or added files.

  More code changes today:

  Multiple requests are proxied to a home server.  If the home server is
marked dead while the NAS is retransmitting the packets, the current
code (1.x) keeps sending the retransmissions to the dead home server.

  In the CVS head, it now discovers that the home server is dead, and
picks a live one from the appropriate server_pool.  When coupled with
the support for checking if a dead home server has come back to life,
the server should be MUCH more robust in the event of home server failure.

  i.e. With the current code, many proxied requests can get rejected,
even if there is a home server for the realm that is live.  With the new
code, all possible efforts are made to minimize the number of requests
that get rejected.

  No other server can do better than this.