1.1.5 double free or corruption

Roberto Greiner mrgreiner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:35:02 CEST 2007

ChristosH wrote:
> I'm getting a similar error, except mine's 0x09fc4f10.
> Apparently this has to do with the Perl library (and means we'll have to
> recompile) but I have no idea how to upgrade that.
> I'm on CentOS 4.4 and have run the auto-updater, am on the CentOS Plus
> repository and have MySQL installed.
>
> Thor Spruyt wrote:
>
>> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x098a55d8 ***
>> Aborted

I'm getting the same problem here. I installed the new Debian Etch
(released yesterday), and FreeRadius gave me the same message. As a
temporary 'fix', until 1.1.6 (or 2.0) comes out, you can suppress
glibc's double check (which is causing that problem) adding the
following to the environment variables:
MALLOC_CHECK_=0

How you do that, of course, changes depending if you are using bash,
csh, etc.

Note: beware that there is a _ AFTER the CHECK word!

I got the information on this in the following page:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en.html

Just search for glibc on that page.

Roberto

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                       Murphy