add realm to user based on NAS-IP

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 22:58:40 CEST 2007

Alexander Papenburg wrote:
>> You should also comment out any rlm_realm instances in the authorize section.
>>

> The Problem is, suffix is already commented out in authorize section.
> IMHO the user abc at realm (see 1st try)  won't work either.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

rlm_realm instances do much the same job as the Proxy-To-Realm reply
item, just they also handle splitting the username into it's component
parts.
Usually you would use one or the other, but not both.

Erm I thought your original question was, "how do I proxy a user to a
realm based on the NAS-IP-Address and how do I rewrite that username
with that realm name"

If thats the case ... why are you using abc at realm as your test user???

---
Arran