returning VSA from exec-prog-wait

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Apr 11 13:57:36 CEST 2007

> After running the server in debugging mode as suggested I did see
everything
> that I expected FreeRadius to be doing

  Including sending the attribute back to the NAS?

> and that is why I originally wrote
> the inquiry.  This unfortunately was not triggering the NAS to respond as
> recognizing the variable.

  You may be confusing two separate issues:

  1) Get the server to respond to the NAS with the attribute you want
  2) Get the NAS to understand the attribute, and use it.

  If you have (1) working, but (2) doesn't, the answer is to read the
NAS documentation to see what attribute it expects... which aren't the
ones you're sending.

>  The expected line from exec-prog-wait ended up
> being echo 'vsa106 vsa106=string' that was needed in the script being called
> from exec-prog-wait.

  I find that more than a little surprising.  The server doesn't parse
attributes in that format from exec-program-wait.

>  Unfortunately, I must have missed this in the examples
> and FAQ's.

  I think there's something else going on.