Current Opensource radius accounting details parser

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 01:09:14 CEST 2007

Murray Hooper wrote:
> Are there any open source programs that parse the accounting logs produced
> by freeradius?   I can find a couple in Google, but they appear to have been
> left behind in 1999.

Accounting detail file formats haven't changed in years, so they
probably work fine.

I recall radiusContext was quite good when I last used it, and it's
written in python so should be very easy to extend.

They reason you probably didn't find many is that often people push the
accounting into an SQL server, either directly using rlm_sql, relayed
using rlm_sql_log or via radrelay and a 2nd server, which obviously
makes most of these packages redundant for parsing purposes.