Segmentation fault for SNMP query

Milan Holub holub at thenet.ch
Thu Apr 12 10:40:47 CEST 2007

Hi Alan,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 05:51:16PM +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Milan Holub wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > when I've compiled in snmp support (--with-snmp) on current cvs head I got following segmentation fault(does not matter whether NAS are stored in DB or in clients.conf):
>
>   I just committed fixes for SNMP.  I haven't tested it, but the code
> that was obviously wrong isn't there any more.

==> I've tested your recent commits. Here are the results:
- when query the radiusAcc and radiusAuth everything works fine(no
  segmentation faults); multiple queries give correct result

- when trying to force reload using snmp:
`snmpset -m /devel/freeradius/cvs/radiusd/mibs/RADIUS-AUTH-SERVER-MIB.txt
-c verysecret localhost radiusAuthServConfigReset.0 i 2`
then 1st reload is OK but after then when trying to either run the
snmp-read query or the snmp-write query radius seems to ignore it.
* there is no debug activity when running with -X flag and the result of
the snmp-read query is empty and result of snmp-write query is
following:
`snmpset -m /devel/freeradius/cvs/radiusd/mibs/RADIUS-AUTH-SERVER-MIB.txt
-c verysecret localhost radiusAuthServConfigReset.0 i 2`
Error in packet.
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object:
radiusMIB.radiusAuthentication.radiusAuthServMIB.radiusAuthServMIBObjects.radiusAuthServ.radiusAuthServConfigReset.0

Radius itself seems to react on radius packets; only snmp is ignored
after the snmp-write query. Completely same behaviour is observed when
doing reload via HUP signal(using my "memory leakage" patch for reload).

Please advise.

>   Alan DeKok.
> --
>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book