FreeRADIUS 1.1.6 has been released.

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Thu Apr 12 22:07:47 CEST 2007

Zitat von A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk:
> Hi,
>
>> * debian:
>> building worked just out of the box, but when trying to install
>> "freeradius-dialupadmin_1.1.6-0_all.deb" it complains about missing
>> php4, but actually php5 is installed (and should work as earlier
>> version of dialupadmin did). the rest of it (i tested right now sql,
>> ldap and eap) works perfect!
>
> hmmm, is it PHP5 that should be dependancy on debian now?  Etch was released
> last week so part of my thinks so....
i am not sure, debian etch (released on 8. april) contains both php4
and php5 and i think there might be a lof users/admins which still
use/prefer php4 on their systems. so what about something like

-----
Package: freeradius-dialupadmin
Architecture: all
Depends: php4 | php4-cgi | php5 | php5-cgi
Recommends: ${perl:Depends}
Suggests: apache2-mpm-prefork | httpd, php4-mysql | php4-pgsql |
php5-mysql | php5-pgsql, libdate-manip-perl
  These scripts provide a web-based interface for administering a FreeRADIUS
  server which stores authentication information in either SQL or LDAP.
-----

in the debian control file? i don't know if this could lead to
something weired, e.g. php5 with php4-mysql or something else but the
average admin should be able to avoid this. at least it works here for
me ... (well the pages are displayed correctly in a browser, i can not
test more as i am using ldap as backend here)

regards
    markus

| Markus Krause, Mogli-Soft                                       |
| Support for Mac OS X, Webmail/Horde, LDAP, RADIUS, MySQL        |
| by order of the                                                 |
|    Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry |
| E-Mail: krause at biochem.mpg.de  |  Tel.: 089 - 89 40 85 99       |
|         markus.krause at mac.com  |  Fax.: 089 - 89 40 85 98       |
|  Skype: markus.krause          | iChat: markus.krause at mac.com   |

      This message was sent using https://webmail2.biochem.mpg.de