WEP only client

Stepan R. stepauk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 00:06:03 CEST 2007

Ian Truelsen wrote:
> I have a client whose wifi adaptor (Linksys WUSB11) can only do wep key
> encryption and I was wondering whether it would be possible to use
> eap-tls or something similar given the restrictions. What is the most
> secure system that can be used with this type of adaptor?

What about to create WEP channel and force this user to authenticate
into a VPN tunnel after connecting? In fact, you can even have a network
completely free and unsecured and force all connctions to use VPN.
Clients can have SW VPN client (ie the CISCO sw one) and AP will be
connected to VPN gateway only.

stepan