glibc double free or corruption still happening

ChristosH christov at aztecamobile.com
Sat Apr 14 19:28:15 CEST 2007

I've installed FR 1.1.6 onto a clean CentOS 4.4 box and got this error,
double free or corruption + some hex value.

My CentOS /usr/src directory is empty, so I can't build an RPM as suggested
in that link. Can I get yum to fill that up? Any ideas as to how to get this
working? I've also tried ./configure --with-system-libtool but that lead to
installation errors.

Could I copy a 1.1.6 precompiled binary to this computer? I'm not having
this problem on my intel machine, just on my opteron. Would there be any
hidden beef with doing this or conflict with freeradius somewhere?

Thanks.