The server will carry local authentication first, despite of proxying or not, is this correct?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 16 07:23:31 CEST 2007

LinHai wrote:
>    In radiusd.c, function "int rad_respond(REQUEST *request, RAD_REQUEST_FUNP fun)", I found such problem:
> If a AUTHENTICATION_REQUEST or ACCOUNTING_REQUEST packet is received, the server will first carry the operation
>  (ex. authentication) itself, then send proxy request to home server, despite of proxying or not.

  The server will not perform authentication before proxying.  Read the
debug log you posted to the list.

  The server *will* process the request through some modules before
proxying.  If that is not "supposed" to happen, please explain how the
server can proxy the request without doing *some* processing of it.