FR + openldap + WPA, auth fails

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 17 22:55:12 CEST 2007

matthew zeier wrote:
> I pasted all of 'radiusd -X' to http://pastebin.mozilla.org/10251.  Is
> that enough debug ?

  Yes.

>>   In 1.0.1, where are the passwords obtained from?  LDAP?  "users" file?
>
> LDAP.

  The debug output doesn't reference LDAP.  i.e. you moved only part of
your configuration from 1.0.1 to 1.1.6.  You missed configuring the
"ldap" module, and missed uncommenting it in the "authorize" section of
radiusd.conf.

>  I said nearly the same config files because 1.1.6 choked on the
> 1.0.1 radiusd.conf

  Can you post the errors?

  I haven't used 1.0.1 in *years*, so I have no idea what may or may not
work when upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.1.6.

> and the only changes I made the to the RHEL
> stock 1.0.1 radiusd.conf was for the LDAP settings.  So for 1.1.6, I
> just added those in there.

  It looks like you didn't uncomment "ldap", as noted above.