SQL Accounting problem with 1.0.3 - The maximum number of threads (32) are active

Rick Macdougall jibbermac at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:32:45 CEST 2007

> Yep. Your backend is too slow to keep up. Accounting is inserts and
> updates... Auth is selects.. BIG difference in speed...

Not a speed issue, the mysql records are inserted within milliseconds of the
detail file being written.  Running radiusd -xxxxx shows the sql accounting
happening almost instantly.

And if it was a speed issue, it would affect the older version running on
Fedora as well.  Just fyi, we are talking about millions of records in the
database by month's end, so if it was a slow backend nothing would work,
ever.

Regards,

Rick