Grouping after Kerberos 5 authentication accepted?

Jason Chan jchan2 at utm.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 19 21:31:43 CEST 2007

I'm using Redhat Enterprise Linux and here is my steps to setup
FreeRadius

1) Make SURE you have installed MIT Kerberos on your linux (krb5
packages)
2) Configure Realm, KDC servers, etc... for your linux
(system-config-authentication for redhat)
3) Install FreeRadius
4) Make SURE you have rlm_krb5 modules in /usr/local/lib
5) Open and edit /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf:

	Add the following in modules {...} (around line 580)

	# Kerbero 5 module
	krb5 {
		authtype = Kerberos
	}

	And the following in authenticate {...} (around line 1920)

	Auth-Type Kerberos {
		krb5
	}

	Add the following in users file

	DEFAULT Auth-Type := Kerberos

It should work. If radiusd complains about Pre-Auth failed then double
check your Linux Kerberos setting