FreeRadius+AD integration

shrikant Bhat shrikabhat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 07:30:24 CEST 2007

Hi,
I am trying to integrate freeradius with ADS 2003. I reffred to
http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html
. everything works perfectly fine till ( $ ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
--domain=*MYDOMAIN* --username=*user* --password=*password*) I get
NT_STATUS_OK. I dont see NT_KEY output. I made changes to  exec module in
radius.conf as per the instructions, but radtest fails with Access-Reject .I
have attached the debug window output for reference.

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:32928, id=44, length=57
        User-Name = "raduser"
        User-Password = "radpass"
        NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255
        NAS-Port = 0
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns noop for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "raduser", looking up realm NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    users: Matched entry sbhat at line 1
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0

Any help fixing this issue will be appreciated.
thank you!
SB