NAS not accepting the Access-Accept?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 21:56:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

> In the documentation of the switch it says:
> "To provide each user with appropriate levels of access to the switch, set
> the following username attributes on your RADIUS server:
> - R/W access -- Set the Service-Type field value to Administrative
> - Read-Only -- set the Service-Type field value to NAS-Prompt"
>
> So, in my users file, I have defined a user:
> "testuser"  NAS-IP-Address == "172.16.8.30", Cleartext-Password :=
> "testing", Service-Type =="Administrative-User"

"testuser"  NAS-IP-Address == "172.16.8.30", Cleartext-Password := "testing",
	Service-Type = "Administrative-User"

though if the server doesnt understand that attribute you may need to
add it to the dictionary file....

however, another method to use is use one of the other modules - eg
the PERL module , as part of authorization. its trivial to then check the
NAS, the user and then assign/add new attributes.

alan