libradius error

Roberto Greiner mrgreiner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:39:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm having a small problem with radwho/libradius.

When I give a 'radwho' command, I receive the following error:
radwho: error while loading shared libraries: libradius-1.1.6.so: cannot

I've installed FreeRadius following the guidelines for Debian from de
wiki, including mysql support. FreeRadius itself works fine, as does
access to the mysql base.

The mentioned libradius file is in /usr/lib/freeradius, and the
radius.conf file has the following entry(it's the pre-installed entry, I
didn't change it):
libdir = /usr/lib/freeradius

So freeradius should find the library file. I'm running FreeRadius
version 1.1.6, in a fresh Debian Etch install.

Any Ideas?

Thank you very much,

Marcos Roberto Greiner

The -x entry from freeradius is the following (although, as I said,
FreeRadius itself works fine).

Starting - reading configuration files ...
Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
Module: Loaded exec
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded eap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type mschapv2
Module: Instantiated eap (eap)
Module: Loaded preprocess
Module: Instantiated preprocess (preprocess)
Module: Loaded realm
Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
Module: Loaded files
Module: Instantiated files (files)
Module: Loaded SQL
rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to dialup at localhost:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #1
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #1
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #2
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #2
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4
rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
rlm_sql (sql): - generate_sql_clients
rlm_sql (sql): Query: SELECT * FROM nas
rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 4
rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname=localhost,shortname=local,secret=foobar
rlm_sql (sql): Adding client 127.0.0.1 (local) to clients list
rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname=a.b.c.d,shortname=xxxxxxx,secret=s3mf!o/
rlm_sql (sql): Adding client a.b.c.d (xxxxxxx) to clients list
rlm_sql (sql): Read entry

**** Cut => more entries from the nas table in mysql

rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 4
Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
Module: Instantiated acct_unique (acct_unique)
Module: Loaded detail
Module: Instantiated detail (detail)
Module: Loaded System
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded radutmp
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)
Initializing the thread pool...
Listening on authentication *:1812
Listening on accounting *:1813
Ready to process requests.

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                       Murphy