Migrating from freeradius 1.0.4 to 1.1.3 - Configuration issues

Ian Savoy isavoy at ewebforce.net
Wed Apr 25 16:35:12 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I am currently migrating two radius servers from 1.0.4 to 1.1.3.  I've
managed to get most of my kinks out, however I'm still having issues with
the accounts already setup in the users file.  My issue is this - my ISDN
users were originally setup with the Framed-Protocol attribute's value set
for MPP.  Apparently this is no longer recognized as a valid value.  It
appears that only PPP, SLIP, and CSLIP are supported protocols.  Is this
correct?  Should I just set them up for PPP, since MPP is just a fancy PPP
connection?  Below is the error message I receive.  I've hunted for articles
related to this issue, but no luck so far.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you SO much!

/path-to-raddb/users[1947]: Parse error (reply) for entry ISDNuser: Unknown
value MPP for attribute Framed-Protocol

-Ian Savoy