Windows Vista and 802.1x ..

Joseph Silverman yossie at laszlosystems.com
Wed Apr 25 21:30:37 CEST 2007

We have an problem here where I work.  It seems like Windows Vista no
longer can open 802.1x / WAP / TKIP / PEAP / MS-CHAP-V2 connections
using the built in stack to our FreeRadius 1.0.4 install.  It worked,
mostly, in XP.  It worked WELL frmo the IBM Connect software than
comes with Thinkpad's (our laptop of choice here).  However, that
software, in Vista, is mostly a front end of the internal stack and
doesn't work anymore either.  Any ideas?

- Yossie