FR 1.1.6 EAP - TLS rlm_eap_tls: <<< TLS 1.0 Alert [length 0002], fatal bad_certificate

Remy de Ruysscher remy at unix-asp.com
Sun Apr 29 09:28:58 CEST 2007

Hi David,

Thanks for your help! I use the port version of FR and also use portupgrade.

The FreeBSD base OpenSSL is indeed rather old, so I did have OpenSSL
(With_overwrite_Base) already installed from the ports.

I found something wrong with the server certificates (very strange, because
nothing has been altered). I don't know what this means (yet).
I'm rebuilding my OpenSSL port with make clean && make reinstall and have
removed all files in /usr/local/etc/raddb. So FR the port will install a
clean version.

Then I will compare files manually and see what changes there have been.

---

defiant.unix.asp.com.pem:
/C=NL/ST=Utrecht/L=Utrecht/O=UNIX-ASP.COM/OU=Support/CN=unix-asp.com/emailAd
dress=support at unix-asp.com
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
/C=NL/ST=Utrecht/L=Utrecht/O=UNIX-ASP.COM/OU=Support/CN=unix-asp.com/emailAd
dress=support at unix-asp.com
error 7 at 0 depth lookup:certificate signature failure
25385:error:0407006A:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:block type
is not
01:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/rsa/rsa_pk1.
c:100:
25385:error:04067072:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PUBLIC_DECRYPT:padding check
failed:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/rsa/rsa_
eay.c:625:
25385:error:0D089006:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_verify:EVP
lib:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/asn1/a_veri
fy.c:162:

Regards,
Remy.