Freeradius - MySQL Update problem

musoket at mtn.co.ug musoket at mtn.co.ug
Wed Aug 1 14:17:15 CEST 2007

Hello,

Let me start off by saying I am new to this list and not very accomplished in
freeradius administration.

I am running a freeradius-1.1.0-19.6 setup to gather VoIP accounting
information from a Cisco AS5350 router and insert this information into a
mysql-5.0.18-16 database. The OS is SuSE Linux 10.1.

I am having trouble populating the MySQL database with a certain attribute
'h323-remote-address'. A tail of the radius logs shows me that this attribute
is being received by radius. It however does not appear in the database. I
have tried altering the mysql statements in sql.conf to insert the value of
this attribute in a field that was previously being populated with something
else - to ensure that the sql statement is correct - (of the same type - i.e.
varchar(32)) but that field stops being populated after the changes. I have
also tried it with a field that was previously not being populated, with no
success. The value is supposed to be an IP address.

Could someone please help me?

Thanks and regards,

Timothy