how to use LDAP for authorization and authentication while using EAPmethod!!!!!!

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at dagdrivarn.se
Fri Aug 3 10:29:44 CEST 2007

    > If I understand you well, passwords in LDAP are encrypted, so
    > PEAP won't work. And you want to keep them that way. Your only
    > option is to use SecureW2 and EAP-TTLS-PAP.

Or do as I managed to get it working yesterday - put a Samba server
in between.

   RADIUS -> Samba -> LDAP

This means that RADIUS uses LDAP directly for _authorization_, but
MSCHAP (ntlm_auth from samba) for _authentication_. Works great now
that I managed to get Samba configured correctly (had some unstability
problems).