Freeradius / NAS issue

Andy Billington billington.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 21:30:15 CEST 2007

Thanks Alan - that last point was what I wanted to confirm before
going to the NAS owner to request they start looking. As you've said,
teh RADIUS server sends out packets and they hit the network - if
routing / network was the cause if this, none of the auth responses
would get through. I'm trying disabling accounting for the moment,
using Listen, to squash accounting related error messages. Cant enable
debug for another two hours when the various test sites will finally
close for the day and I can restart without impacting the sites that
do work.

The NAS and RADIUS servers are both doing auth and accounting, same
IPs and same shared secrets (although different ports obviously).
Again, if auth works for some sites - even if not for others - the
shared secret must be correct, no?

Sorry for asking what probably seem like basic questions but want to
be sure of myself :-)

Andy