Freeradius / NAS issue

Andy Billington billington.andy at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:03:08 CEST 2007

hi Ivan,
Just been able to restart witout affecting working sites, have started
using -X and am seeing lots of info; for a start its binding to
correct IP (which counters the multi-home issue i was concerned
about). The sites that have probs are all reporting RADIUS ok, my
query / concern is that why do some work and not others? Surely if it
was routing / network stuff, none would work or all would work; unless
the NAS is not behaving?

Was thinking about setting up another FR instance, separate IP and
with just pure text (users) info but am not sure - what concerns me is
seeing a few mails that have same symptoms (connect starts, then
restarts after 10s) from other users but they dont seem to have got
working. Have I upgraded FR (apt-get etc) and broken my config :(
which I'm sure isnt true. Woudl setting up second FR be overkill,
given stuff is working for other sites?

Andy