Trying to work out 24hour access cards

Evert Meulie evert at witelcom.com
Fri Aug 10 14:00:21 CEST 2007

Hi all!

I have a system here that's based on freeradius-1.0.2-r5 (Gentoo distro) and we're having some
problem with 24hour access cards.

With these I mean logins that will give a user access for a period of max. 24 hours from first
login. Should be able to be over a period of 2 days.
For example

first login:	3pm day 1
2nd login: 	1pm day 2 should be allowed

I've been looking at http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sqlcounter and see that
Max-Daily-Session=86400 will NOT do the trick, since this will allow 24 hours of access PER day
Max-All-Session=86400 will not work either, since this will allow a total of 24 hours of login time
over an undefined period.

How do I get the correct config for my situation? Do I set BOTH Max-Daily-Session & Max-All-Session
to 86400 in my case to get the correct result?

Regards,
	Evert