PAM Radius

Josh Howlett Josh.Howlett at ja.net
Mon Aug 20 15:13:44 CEST 2007

Hi Sayan,

I think I have tried this previously, and it was possible (on
Linux/glibc anyway - YMMV with other unices).

TBH, I don't really see the point in using RADIUS when you'll (probably)
want to use LDAP anyway for nss resolution, so you might as well just
use LDAP for PAM.

josh.

eradius.org] On Behalf Of Sayan S
> Sent: 20 August 2007 14:04
> To: FreeRadius users mailing list
> Subject: Re: PAM Radius
>
> Thanks Alan for the quick response.
> I am referring to realm here, as RADIUS support realms, and
> we are using RADIUS to authenticate the users to Linux, so
> seems like we need to have all users contained in the same realm.
>
> Is having username in user at realm form a valid unix format? I
> was thinking the first part of the user at realm should be the
> unix username though the radius request is sent as
> user at realm. Otherwise we need to have a comprehensive
> RADIUS-username at realm to Unix-userid mapping.
>
> regards,
> sayan
>
> Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
> 	Sayan S wrote:
> 	> Greetings, I am very new to RADIUS and PAM RADIUS.
> 	> I am trying to configure PAM Radius to authenticate
> users on a Linux
> 	> host. I would like to know, how to configure PAM
> Radius to authenticate
> 	> users from different realms, as the current
> configuration doesn't seem
> 	> to take realm.
>
> 	You don't use realms in Unix logins.
>
> 	> please help me with this as I have configured users
> to be part of
> 	> different realms on radius server and now want to
> authenticate all those
> 	> users to the same Linux host.
>
> 	You just login as "user at realm". That might work.
>
> 	Alan DeKok.
> 	-
> 	List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

> Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48246/*http://autos.yahoo.com/gree
n_center/;>
_ylc=X3oDMTE5cDF2bXZzBF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDZ