Chap-password to User-password

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 20 17:59:04 CEST 2007

Carl aniams wrote:
> i understood clearly your explanation doing a little litterature(rfc
> 2865 SECTION 4.1) i understood it.
> I'm using a linksys box with dd-wrt and chillispot enable, and i have
> been going round
> i really don't see what brings about CHAP in my client and radius exchange.
> Moreover i've been built the same architecture successfully.
> please give me an idea

  The client is Chillispot.  It is the one that is choosing to use CHAP.
 Go read the Chillispot documentation and configuration files.  Look for
CHAP.  Fix it.

  There is NOTHING you can do to the RADIUS server that will cause
Chillispot to stop using CHAP.  Therefore, stop trying to figure out how
to fix the RADIUS server.  It's not broken.