PAM Radius

Sayan S sayann_u at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 13:22:20 CEST 2007

yes josh, as you guessed it, it doesn't work with HP-UX and Solaris (to some extent, as it provides a warning during useradd command with '@' in the username).
We don't plan to use LDAP for NSS immediately.

thanks to all.

sayan

Josh Howlett <Josh.Howlett at ja.net> wrote: Hi Sayan,

I think I have tried this previously, and it was possible (on
Linux/glibc anyway - YMMV with other unices).

TBH, I don't really see the point in using RADIUS when you'll (probably)
want to use LDAP anyway for nss resolution, so you might as well just
use LDAP for PAM.

josh.

eradius.org] On Behalf Of Sayan S
> Sent: 20 August 2007 14:04
> To: FreeRadius users mailing list
> Subject: Re: PAM Radius
>
> Thanks Alan for the quick response.
> I am referring to realm here, as RADIUS support realms, and
> we are using RADIUS to authenticate the users to Linux, so
> seems like we need to have all users contained in the same realm.
>
> Is having username in user at realm form a valid unix format? I
> was thinking the first part of the user at realm should be the
> unix username though the radius request is sent as
> user at realm. Otherwise we need to have a comprehensive
> RADIUS-username at realm to Unix-userid mapping.
>
> regards,
> sayan
>
> Alan DeKok  wrote:
>
>  Sayan S wrote:
>  > Greetings, I am very new to RADIUS and PAM RADIUS.
>  > I am trying to configure PAM Radius to authenticate
> users on a Linux
>  > host. I would like to know, how to configure PAM
> Radius to authenticate
>  > users from different realms, as the current
> configuration doesn't seem
>  > to take realm.
>
>  You don't use realms in Unix logins.
>
>  > please help me with this as I have configured users
> to be part of
>  > different realms on radius server and now want to
> authenticate all those
>  > users to the same Linux host.
>
>  You just login as "user at realm". That might work.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>  -
>  List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

> Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
> n_center/;>
_ylc=X3oDMTE5cDF2bXZzBF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDZ

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html