problem installing RLM-Python installation in 1.7

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 23 11:33:58 CEST 2007

UriCALL Support wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I grabbed today the sources for 1.7 distribution and wanted to compile the rlm_python also in, but, as opposite to 1.6 version, it looks like some libraries are not longer included, here are the errors:

  1.1.7, and 1.1.6.  There are no 1.6 or 1.7 versions.

> """
> host1:/usr/local/src/freeradius/freeradius-1.1.7/src/modules/rlm_python# make

  Don't do that.  Type "make" from the top-level directory.

> Can anybody provide any solution, except using libradius.la from 1.6 for 1.7 version, or is anything changed and I missed that?

  What you're missing is that you're trying to build rlm_python BEFORE
building libradius.

  The solution (as almost always in these kind of situations) is to
follow the documentation for the build process:

$ configure
$ make
$ make install

  If you had done that, rather than trying to short-circuit the process,
it would have worked.