Help configuring FreeRadius with PPPD and ntlm_auth

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Aug 23 22:31:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

>  Well thanks everyone -snort- for all the help.  I've figured it all
> out.

no-one else runs thsi particular type of setup? <shrug> ? possibly you are
the first, unique and pioneer path treader - you should be proud that its
all working - i've just had a quick glance at your sqls.net howto and
it looks interesting. I'm not doing of that stuff right now - but after a
quick scan it certainly looks like something i might want to use.

regarding the ntlm_auth issue - sorry that i did not see that directly
but a quick list scan should point out a few replies i've given in the past!
the /var/cache/samba/winbind_priviledged directory must be owned by
radiusd (or whoover the daemon is run as). be aware!! that a samba
update can guarantee these permissions are reset to wrong values!

alan