access only particular website through RADIUS

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Sun Aug 26 09:54:35 CEST 2007

liran tal wrote:
> Others may correct me but I believe that this is not the role of
> the RADIUS server. To actually do this kind of "filtering" you need
> to use other technologies such as proxies or captive portal (see
> chillispot).
Yep for the most part your correct.
However, some specific NAS vendors like HP, have included Access Control
List features setable using VSAs (Vendor specific attributes). But these
are usually only available on the prohibitively expensive switches.

Firewall, proxy server,or captive portal is the way to go with this
one... Though if you want proper 802.1x authentication , then it's
firewall/proxy server only.