1.1.7, ldap and auth-type

Ivan Lago ivan.lago at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Mon Aug 27 13:56:45 CEST 2007

I tried to make it explicit, but it did not work.
Anyway that parameter is defaulted to yes, as you said, but it's
being ignored. Here is a dump of the loading of the module at server
startup, without adding the set_auth_type explicitally :

ldap: server = "XXXX.ifom-ieo-campus.it"
ldap: port = 636
ldap: net_timeout = 5
ldap: timeout = 3
ldap: timelimit = 5
ldap: identity = ""
ldap: tls_mode = no
ldap: start_tls = no
ldap: tls_cacertfile = "(null)"
ldap: tls_cacertdir = "(null)"
ldap: tls_certfile = "(null)"
ldap: tls_keyfile = "(null)"
ldap: tls_randfile = "(null)"
ldap: tls_require_cert = "allow"
ldap: password = ""
ldap: basedn = "XXXXXXXXX"
ldap: filter = "(macAddress=%{User-Name})"
ldap: base_filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"
ldap: default_profile = "(null)"
ldap: profile_attribute = "(null)"
ldap: password_header = "(null)"
ldap: password_attribute = "macAddress"
ldap: access_attr = "(null)"
ldap: groupname_attribute = "cn"
ldap: groupmembership_filter = "(|(&(objectClass=GroupOfNames)(member=
%{Ldap-UserDn}))(&(objectClass=GroupOfUniqueNames)(uniquemember=%
{Ldap-UserDn})))"
ldap: groupmembership_attribute = "(null)"
ldap: dictionary_mapping = "/ofb/freeradius/etc/raddb/ldap.attrmap"
ldap: ldap_debug = 0
ldap: ldap_connections_number = 5
ldap: compare_check_items = no
ldap: access_attr_used_for_allow = yes
ldap: do_xlat = yes
ldap: set_auth_type = yes
<------------------------------------------
rlm_ldap: Registering ldap_groupcmp for Ldap-Group
rlm_ldap: Creating new attribute macbypass1-Ldap-Group
rlm_ldap: Registering ldap_groupcmp for macbypass1-Ldap-Group
rlm_ldap: Registering ldap_xlat with xlat_name macbypass1
rlm_ldap: reading ldap<->radius mappings from file /ofb/freeradius/
etc/raddb/ldap.attrmap
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusCheckItem mapped to RADIUS $GENERIC$
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusReplyItem mapped to RADIUS $GENERIC$
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusAuthType mapped to RADIUS Auth-Type
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusSimultaneousUse mapped to RADIUS Simultaneous-Use
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusCalledStationId mapped to RADIUS Called-Station-Id
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusCallingStationId mapped to RADIUS Calling-
Station-Id
rlm_ldap: LDAP lmPassword mapped to RADIUS LM-Password
rlm_ldap: LDAP sambaNTPassword mapped to RADIUS NT-Password
rlm_ldap: LDAP acctFlags mapped to RADIUS SMB-Account-CTRL-TEXT
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusExpiration mapped to RADIUS Expiration
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusServiceType mapped to RADIUS Service-Type
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedProtocol mapped to RADIUS Framed-Protocol
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedIPAddress mapped to RADIUS Framed-IP-Address
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedIPNetmask mapped to RADIUS Framed-IP-Netmask
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedRoute mapped to RADIUS Framed-Route
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedRouting mapped to RADIUS Framed-Routing
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFilterId mapped to RADIUS Filter-Id
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedMTU mapped to RADIUS Framed-MTU
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedCompression mapped to RADIUS Framed-
Compression
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusLoginIPHost mapped to RADIUS Login-IP-Host
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusLoginService mapped to RADIUS Login-Service
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusLoginTCPPort mapped to RADIUS Login-TCP-Port
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusCallbackNumber mapped to RADIUS Callback-Number
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusCallbackId mapped to RADIUS Callback-Id
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedIPXNetwork mapped to RADIUS Framed-IPX-
Network
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusClass mapped to RADIUS Class
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusSessionTimeout mapped to RADIUS Session-Timeout
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusIdleTimeout mapped to RADIUS Idle-Timeout
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusTerminationAction mapped to RADIUS Termination-
Action
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusLoginLATService mapped to RADIUS Login-LAT-Service
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusLoginLATNode mapped to RADIUS Login-LAT-Node
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusLoginLATGroup mapped to RADIUS Login-LAT-Group
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedAppleTalkLink mapped to RADIUS Framed-
AppleTalk-Link
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedAppleTalkNetwork mapped to RADIUS Framed-
AppleTalk-Network
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusFramedAppleTalkZone mapped to RADIUS Framed-
AppleTalk-Zone
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusPortLimit mapped to RADIUS Port-Limit
rlm_ldap: LDAP radiusLoginLATPort mapped to RADIUS Login-LAT-Port
conns: 0x666400
Module: Instantiated ldap (macbypass1)