pre1 dies on startup: generate_sql_clients() returned error

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 00:21:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Does it complain and die , or just complain ?

dies.

> This is the kind of issue that I can see someone phoning me at 2am for
> *sigh* ...
>
> Oh fun... the four fields that make up the ip address haven't got a
> unique index across them...

I've made a change locally on our DB to add a unique constrain on that
column of the DB to stop it being able to occur at that stage...and
submitted a little patch to bugs.freeradius.org (under the rlm_sql
tag)

> and the person who wrote our management application allows 0.0.0.0 as an
> ip address...

well, it is a valid address.... could be cool to specify the default-route
as a next hop DEFAULT proxy or NAS ;-)

alan