Freeradius and Quintum help plz

Nicholas Hall ngharo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 21:58:14 CEST 2007

On 8/29/07, Pretty Woman <redrose_w at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to configure freeradius to make accounting with
> Quintum. Where do I start ? What do I need to know in
> order to do that ?
>
> I already installed and tested version 1.1.7 and have
> a mysql or pgsql server but I dont know what steps to
> take yet.
>
> What structure should the tables in the database have
> in order to work with radius ?
> How do I include dictionary.quintum ? (as I read that
> it's needed)
> Is it enough to set this parameters in postgresql.conf
> ?
> server = ...
> login = ...
> password = ...
> radius_db = ...
>
> Thanks

Included in the source is mysql and pgsql database schemas.  You will need
to create the database yourself: (create database radius;) then import the
schema.  In mysql you can do the following: mysql -u root -p radius <
schema.sql

After the DB is setup you will then want to configure the *.conf with
server, login, password, etc.  If all is well, you can simply insert the
respective sql module in the accounting section of radiusd.conf and watch as
your table is populated.

--
Nicholas Hall
ngharo at gmail.com