Packets in Accounting ?

Edvin Seferovic edvin.seferovic at kolp.at
Sat Dec 1 16:20:52 CET 2007

I found this in an older sql.conf file of mine :

accounting_update_query = "UPDATE ${acct_table1} SET FramedIPAddress = '%{Framed-IP-Address}', AcctSessionTime = '%{Acct-Ses
sion-Time}', AcctInputOctets = '%{Acct-Input-Octets}', AcctOutputOctets = '%{Acct-Output-Octets}', AcctOutputPackets ='%{Acct-Output
-Packets}', AcctInputPackets = '%{Acct-Input-Packets}' WHERE AcctSessionId = '%{Acct-Session-Id}' AND UserName = '%{SQL-User-Name}'
AND NASIPAddress= '%{NAS-IP-Address}' AND AcctStopTime = 0 AND NASPortId= '%{NAS-Port}'

I suppose, the packets were in the schema, but I cannot confirm that for version < 1.0 since the FTP server of freeradius doesn't respond :(

Packets are also defined in the dictionary, why not have them in the accounting DB ?

Regards,