wired 802.1x supplicent open source where i can get it?

Guy Davies aguydavies at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 21:36:55 CET 2007

Hi Alan,

The supplicant is the software on the device trying to connect, rather
than the server.  Unless FreeRADIUS has moved in a totally different
direction from when I was using it frequently, it is purely a RADIUS
server (the authentication server in the 802.1x process).

FreeRADIUS will certainly help the original poster because it
implements many of the EAP methods required.

He will also need an Ethernet switch that acts as an 802.1x authenticator.

I don't know if wpa_supplicant can also support wired 802.1x
authentication, but it would certainly be a good place to start when
looking to develop one.

Rgds,

Guy