local ssh authentication via radius possible?

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Mon Dec 3 22:39:07 CET 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 10:55 AM, Dan Gahlinger <dgahling at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  there is a lot of documentation missing.
> for example, when users are using "SSH" what's the "Login-Service" supposed
> to be?
> setting it to "SSH" doesn't work.
>
> so many unanswered questions about this.
> with SSH we don't want to assign the user an IP address so I just used
> "Login-IP-Host"
> and Service-Type "Login-User"
>
> radiusd also complains unknown module "files"
>
> this could really use a "newbie" setup guide with examples....

http://www.howtoforge.com/configuring-ssh-to-use-freeradius-and-wikid-for-two-factor-authentication

This guide will essentially show you how to allow users to ssh to a
box using a freeradius server on that same box, which I think is your
goal.

It sound like you have 'over-configured' something along the way. For
example, I would drop the "Login-IP-Host" accounting piece until
you've got the basics running.

hth,

nick

Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication