freeradius compile problem

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Dec 8 14:55:03 CET 2007

Dave Gibelli wrote:
> Alan
>
> I have OpenSSL installed, I thought that is where the crypto libraries
> come from?
>
> Where do I get the crypto libraries from?
>
> It would help if Freeradius supplied a reference to where to obtain
> these crypto libraries.

I disagree that the FreeRadius ./configure process should be handing out
advice on how to setup the development environment on your system, but
anyway...

In your case, it seems that the configure process is looking in
/usr/local/ssl/lib for libssl; and that the libssl in that location (a
static rather than shared library?) needs some symbols (ERR_) from
another, missing, library.

On my system, the ERR_ functions are in -lcrypto and -lssl is a dynamic
library dependent on -lcrypto, so it all "just works".

Try building OpenSSL as shared libraries, or maybe muck around with
LDFLAGS to add "-lcrypto" if you can't get that to work.