freeradius2 CVS - hostname lookup has no effect

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Dec 10 20:32:15 CET 2007

Edvin Seferovic wrote:
> Well I do. Just got the CVS version. Tried hostname_lookups = off / no ! No
> help. Only when the client is being entered in the clients.conf it is
> recognised. In the other hand I get

  Ok... the issue isn't related to hostname lookups.  The server keeps
"known" clients internally, which are global.  i.e. the "per-server"
lookups confused the code.

  Try doing "cvs update".  It should be fixed.

> How come the only "known" clients are found in the clients.conf ? Does the
> logging part even take a look at the virtual server configs?

  It does now.

> Is clients.conf being read at "reload" ? I have to "restart" the server to
> get the client back into the known list :(

  The clients aren't read on HUP.  See the debug output for what's read
on HUP.

  i.e. In CVS head, HUP *works*.  Nothing bad happens, and *some*
modules are reloaded.  Even though not everything is reloaded... what
*is* reloaded doesn't cause anything to crash.