rlm_eap: Identity does not match User-Name...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Dec 12 11:37:08 CET 2007

Michael Patzer wrote:
> server: 2.0.0-pre1

  I would suggest using CVS head.  It has a large number of fixes and
additions over -pre2.

> it works all fine, as long as i'm not supply any domain-name. if i
> supply
> a domain-name it immediately fails with
>
> rlm_eap: Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity.

  It may be interactions with the Perl module, which is modifying the
User-Name.  (Even though it doesn't *look* like that's what is happening)

> could anybody help me with that?

  I would suggest going back to the default configuration, and seeing if
that works.  Then, make gradual changes until either it works, or it
stops working.  At that point, you know what change broke it.

  But I'd start off with CVS head.  -pre1 has known bugs that aren't
worth trying to track down or fix: they're already fixed in CVS head.