PEAP version 1 is supported in freeradius?

Raghavendra. S raghavendra.akkasali at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:40:03 CET 2007

Hi,

 I want to setup freeradius server to test peap version 1. For that
configured  freeradius-server-snapshot-20071217, as below

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/radius-latest
                 --with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/openssl/include
                 --with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/openssl/lib
                 --with-modules=rlm_eap2

and compiled to get radiusd.

Added following block in eap.conf,

 eap2 {
          default_eap_type=peap

          peap {
                  default_eap_type=mschapv2
          }

          mschapv2 {

Also added following lines in users

jbibe User-Password := "whatever"
#jbibe Cleartext-Password := "whatever"

(Tried individually commenting one of the above lines at time)

I have following lines in clients.conf

clients 10.89.49.1 {
                 secret=raghu123456
                 shortname=3com
}

At wpa supplicant said it is failing, and also it says that, server
peap version=0. and wpa peap version=1.

Whether I have to do something extra to enable peap version 1 in freeradius?

-Raghu.

--
Regards & Thanks
Raghavendra. S