Looking for feedback

Geoffroy ARNOUD dpaviost at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:27:06 CET 2007

Hi all,

First I apologize, because the question I am about to ask is not
directly linked to FreeRADIUS.

I am a FreeRADIUS user, and I am looking for feedback regarding the
NAS all of you use. Actually, I am looking for a NAS, able to manage
access for several Wifi hotspot (> 500 hotspots, > 5000 users).

The NAS would be the gateway, restricting user to access Internet, by
redirecting users' traffic to a Web portal. EAP must alos be supported
transparently (the NAS would act as a RADIUS proxy, between APs and
FreeRADIUS, but would open the connection transparently).

I took a look at Coova, but it seems to me that it is not adpated for
a centralized solution, where each hotspot has its own DHCP server.

All options are opened for me (opensource or manufacturer), so don't
hesitate to reply to me (directly, because this list is not the
purpose of my request).
Any feedback woul be appreciated.

Many thanks

Daniel