Perl problem When restarting FreeRadius Deamon after adding some perl module

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 10:30:38 CET 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 10:09 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Ram Akuka wrote:
> > perl check_mac {
> >       module = "/opt/nac/bin/rad2vmps"
>
>  FreeRADIUS CVS (what will be 2.0) includes support for VMPS.

2.0 is very promising :-)

> > when trying to start the radius server i get the following error:
> > # /etc/init.d/freeradius  start
> > * Starting FreeRADIUS daemon
> > freeradius
> > Thu Dec 27 10:28:34 2007 : Info: Starting - reading configuration files
> > /usr/sbin/freeradius: symbol lookup error:
> > /usr/lib/perl/5.8/auto/Fcntl/Fcntl.so: undefined symbol:
> Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
>

>  The server can't find the appropriate libraries for Perl.  This is
> mostly a Perl issue, and I'm not really sure how to fix it.

Right, this is related to the way the libraries are referenced and how
the moodule in question (Fcntl.so) was compiled.

Ram, consider checking the perl versions used in your system and with
freeradius's perl module. Also consider using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to specify
another path in the environment.

Perl -V might prove useful as well.

Regards,
Liran Tal.