error starting freeradius

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 22:33:51 CET 2007

Hi,

> I have just migrated a freeradius from a Red Hat Linux release 7.3 to
> a FreeBSD 6.1 and when executing: '#/usr/local/etc/rc.d/radiusd start'

ah. that first sentence is what concerns me.  FreeBSD handles its
passwords etc different to RedHat. a quick google brings up several
instant results - and although older FR systems used unix module (but asked
you to comment out the passwd and shadow entries on freebsd!) newer
FR uses rlm_passwd for most of thos feature.

you can also declutter the debug output by deleting the naslist and
clients file (you shouldnt use them...check you havent put anything
in them!) - but thats trivial....

alan