Problem syncing radius.logs with radrelay

John Brittain john at dncsi.com
Sat Feb 3 22:57:13 CET 2007

 >   radrelay copies accounting packets, not authentication packets.  In
 > FreeRADIUS, the "Login OK" message appears in radius.log
 > ONLY when the
 > server sends an Access-Accept.
 >
 >   In any case, the radius.log file is informative, not
 > definitive.  If
 > you're using it for any purpose other than having admins occasionally
 > reading it, that's wrong.  You should be looking at the
 > accounting logs
 > to see what the users are really doing.
 >
 >   Alan DeKok.
 > --

Alan,

It's being used for incorrect logins and other information, and we had a
web page that pierced that file when a customer called with a problem.
Now, we have to look at both files to see the errors/information.

That's why I was asking if there was a way to have both radius.log files
sync'd like it was with Cistron.  How did it stay sync'd in Cistron?
Was it the radrelay program?  If so, I guess I could do some hacking on
that program to satisfy our needs.

Thanks.

--John