rewrite accounting request

Ashraf Al-Basti Ashraf.Albasti at jt.net.jo
Sun Feb 4 07:52:58 CET 2007

Dear All,
I need your help to configure FreeRadius to rewrite the User-Name
attribute in Accounting-Request.
my setup as follow; please correct me if i had a mistake,
i'm using Freeradius to do a proxy to another radius server. we are
using one username (wanadoo) as a default username for our prepaid card
system.
in the freeradius server we replace the username with a new one which is
the same as the password, so we are using pre-proxy to call attr_rewrite
that will replace the username with the  new one. As an authintecation
process every thing goes will, but for the Accounting the free radius
didnt change the username and send it as it is to the another radius
which mean that i couldnt do accounting for them. so could you please
help me to solve like this problem.

attr_rewrite fixusername {
                attribute = User-Name
                searchin = proxy
                searchfor ="wanadoo"
                replacewith = %{Password}
                ignore_case = no
                new_attribute = no
                max_matches = 10
                append = no
        }

pre-proxy {
        fixusername
        pre_proxy_log
}
This is what i found in the log file,

Packet-Type = Access-Request
Wed Jan 31 07:55:27 2007
        User-Name = "11111111114242"
        User-Password = "11111111114242"
        NAS-IP-Address = 172.16.5.188
        Client-IP-Address = 172.16.5.188
        Stripped-User-Name = "wanadoo"
        Realm = "coolnet"
        Realm = "coolnet"
        Proxy-State = 0x3833

Packet-Type = Accounting-Request
Wed Jan 31 07:55:27 2007
        Acct-Session-Id = "76"
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        User-Name = "wanadoo"
        NAS-Port = 2
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254
        Class = 0x5376633d32
        NAS-IP-Address = 172.16.5.188
        Client-IP-Address = 172.16.5.188
        Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "26331f725bfc7b96"
        Stripped-User-Name = "wanadoo"
        Realm = "coolnet"
        Realm = "coolnet"
        Proxy-State = 0x3834