rewrite accounting request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Feb 4 08:26:47 CET 2007

Ashraf Al-Basti wrote:
> in the freeradius server we replace the username with a new one which is
> the same as the password, so we are using pre-proxy to call attr_rewrite
> that will replace the username with the  new one. As an authintecation
> process every thing goes will, but for the Accounting the free radius
> didnt change the username and send it as it is to the another radius
> which mean that i couldnt do accounting for them. so could you please
> help me to solve like this problem.
> This is what i found in the log file,

  Why?  Why aren't you running the server in debugging mode as suggested
in the README, FAQ, INSTALL, and daily on this list?

  In any case, your post already contains the answer to your question:
There's no "Password" attribute in accounting requests.  The log files
you posted show this clearly.  Read them.