Usage of Cleartext-Password

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Sun Feb 4 10:21:00 CET 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Federico Giannici wrote:
>> I have just upgraded from 1.1.2. to 1.1.4.
>> Now I tried to convert my custom authorization module to use the
>> "Cleartext-Password" attribute instead of "User-Password" (my passwords
>> are in clear-text).
>> But the daemon started to give "Login incorrect" errors (with no other
>> error description), so I had to revert the change.
>
>   Did you list the "PAP" module last in the "authorize" section?

Yes, I did.

>   The README, etc. says "go read the rlm_pap documentation".  The
> changes are explained there.

I already read it.
I understood that authorizations modules now have to add
"Cleartext-Password" instead of "User-Password" in the
"request->config_items".
And so I did.
What else?

BTW, it seems to me that "standard" modules (like rlm_ldap) still use
the now deprecated "User-Password" (PW_PASSWORD)...

Thanks.

     __
    |-                      giannici at neomedia.it