Major impact on authentication!

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 12:05:51 CET 2007

Hi,

> Freeradius 1.1.4 is randomly losing connection to both databases and it's
> causing total loss in the authentication process:

from a historical perspective you may find that is wasnt the 1.1.4 upgrade
that has broken things - your database may have finally become too big and unwieldy.
this has certainly been the case in many such cases.  I would check how long
your database queries/inserts are taking. perhaps vacuum/optimise the tables,
move/drop older entries, create better KEYs for the purposes you need.

alan