freeradius doesn´t connect to mysql server

Marilene Lima marilenelima at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 21:54:16 CET 2007

Hi,

I am starting the freeradius with my mysql server and I noticed this
erro: rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Host 'mysql1.wireless.intranet' is
not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'

But I already give the privileges to my user radius and add the server
mysql1.wireless.intranet to my list of hosts knowed.

I use linux Debian and mysql 5.0.33 and the both are in the same
machine, but they have different ip adress. In the freeradius/sql.conf
file I configured this:
sql {

      # Database type
      # Current supported are: rlm_sql_mysql, rlm_sql_postgresql,
      # rlm_sql_iodbc, rlm_sql_oracle, rlm_sql_unixodbc, rlm_sql_freetds
      driver = "rlm_sql_mysql"

      # Connect info
      server = "mysql1.wireless.intranet"
      # server = localhost
      login = "radius"
      password = "radius_password"
      #login = "root"
      # password = "mysql_password"

      # Database table configuration
      radius_db = "radius"

      # If you want both stop and start records logged to the
      # same SQL table, leave this as is.  If you want them in
      # different tables, put the start table in acct_table1
      # and stop table in acct_table2
      acct_table1 = "radacct"
      acct_table2 = "radacct"

Someone can help me?

Thanks a lot,
Marilene

This the result of freeradius:

 freeradius -x
Starting - reading configuration files ...
Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
Module: Loaded exec
rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output defined. Did you mean output=none?
Module: Instantiated exec (exec)
Module: Loaded expr
Module: Instantiated expr (expr)
Module: Loaded PAP
Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
Module: Loaded CHAP
Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
Module: Loaded System
Module: Instantiated unix (unix)
Module: Loaded eap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type md5
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type leap
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type gtc
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type mschapv2
Module: Instantiated eap (eap)
Module: Loaded preprocess
Module: Instantiated preprocess (preprocess)
Module: Loaded realm
Module: Instantiated realm (suffix)
Module: Loaded files
Module: Instantiated files (files)
Module: Loaded SQL
rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and linked
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to radius at mysql1.wireless.intranet:/radius
rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server
radius at mysql1.wireless.intranet:radius
rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Host 'mysql1.wireless.intranet' is not
allowed to connect to this MySQL server'
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0
rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect to any SQL server.
Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
Module: Instantiated acct_unique (acct_unique)
Module: Loaded detail
Module: Instantiated detail (detail)
Module: Loaded radutmp
Module: Instantiated radutmp (radutmp)